Wednesday, December 23, 2009

December

December. This has been a long month for me. Not only I was strangled in a heap amount of tasks, I was in a bit of strain with my own self. I've always had problem with time-management. Honestly, I am not the most efficient person in the world. Some people can be so effective in managing their time and their queue of tasks. Not me. Therefore facing crazy lot of assignments and having to finish it all in a tight deadline is restraining for a person like me.

At some point during the past times, when I faced the same situation I had ended up running away from the tasks, not solving it. Alhamdulillah, thank God, this December I have successfully learned better. I learned that it is a matter of putting your tasks in a queue, and concentrating at one task before another. To put everything else aside, insisting not to think about them until at least you're halfway done with the one you're on. Yeah - self-control; the key to effective management. Something I've always failed to do before. But hey, there's always a trial and error process in learning. I had some errors, but now I'm able to fix it :)

Now, in my case, it was also the matter of having a supporting husband who wouldn't mind doing the house chores, and moreover who wouldn't mind acting like a personal assistant-slash-consultant to her wife - being able to recommend the most realistic time frame to finish certain tasks ("you'd need at least three days to study for the exam, but only two days max to finish your typography design... so concentrate at the exam first and mind the design later!" - haha, thank u mbrotje :-*)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

*ngebayangin idungnya komar yg kembang-kempis abis kamu puji*... xixixi...

a.k.a. Nez said...

hahahhh :P

ini namanya pesan sponsor. biar + disayang suami :D